Chewy Sugar Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
Download Recipe: Infused Demerara Sugar Cookie Recipe (PDF)
Holiday cookies need not be coated in flashy frosting and doused with sprinkles in order to be festive. In fact, these elegant, rich cookies will elevate your holiday experience more than any icing ever dreamt of. Treat yourself to a mature morsel amid the holiday craze with these sugar cookies, glistening with Sira Naturals Infused Demerara Sugar. If you’re in a rush (and who isn’t this time of year?), you can substitute store-bought cookie dough and jump to Step 3, but be sure to follow the baking instructions on the package. If you’re using 200mg THC Demerara Sugar, each cookie will have approximately 3 mg THC; if you’re using 400 mg THC Demerara Sugar, each cookie will have approximately 6.5 mg THC.
- 2 1/4 cups (11 1/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1/2 cups (10 1/2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and still warm
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Sira Naturals Infused Demerara Sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place sugar and cream cheese in large bowl. Pour warm butter over sugar and cream cheese and whisk to combine (some small lumps of cream cheese will remain). Whisk in oil until incorporated. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; whisk until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix with rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
- Divide dough into 24 equal pieces, about 2 tablespoons each. Using hands, roll dough into balls. (Cookie dough will be softer than most doughs.) Place Sira Naturals Infused Demerara Sugar in shallow dish and roll balls in infused sugar to coat. Evenly space on prepared baking sheets. Using bottom of drinking glass or measuring cup, flatten dough balls until 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake, 1 tray at a time, until edges are set and just beginning to brown, about 12 minutes, rotating tray halfway through baking. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Using wide metal spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack and cool to room temperature.